Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.
- Greater Sense of Self-Awareness.
- Meditation allows us to mentally take inventory of our bodies.
- Reduce Stress and Anxiety.
- Increase Mental Clarity and Focus.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Trigger the Brain’s Relaxation Response.
Meditation reduces the production of stress related hormones like cortisol and increases the production of good chemicals like serotonin. Sound sleep is very important for the proper functioning of the body. … Regular meditation helps in relieving stress and thus improves the quality of sleep.